Katlist Limited of 124 Finchley Road, London, NW3 5JS is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
The legal basis for processing of your personal data is performance of a contract with you, cf. General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), article 6 (1) (b), or our legitimate interests, such as administering your inquiries in an appropriate way and due time, cf. GDPR, article 6 (1) (f).
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your personal information when you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our Site to place an order. We also look at how visitors use our Site, to help us improve our services and optimise customer experience.
- We collect information:
- when you create an account with us or you change your account settings;
- when you place an order with us and during the order process (including for payment and order delivery);
- when you contact us directly via email, phone, post, message or via our chat function; and
- when you browse and use our Site (before and after you create an account with us).
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- As part of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and visitors to our Site more generally, we want to be clear about the sorts of information we will collect from you.
- When you visit the Site or make a Get It Inkd order through the Site, you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, delivery address, order details and payment information such as credit or debit card information.
- We also collect information about your usage of the Site and information about you from any messages you post to the Site or when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via e-mail, letter, phone or chat function. If you contact us by phone, we record and make notes in relation to your call.
- We collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our Site.
- We collect your email address used to login to your PayPal account or other financial accounts to make payments when you place an order with us.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information: if we need to process your information in order to provide you with the orders you have requested; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
- Where we need to in order to provide you with the orders you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
- to enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the Site;
- to supply the orders you have requested;
- to enable us to collect payment from you; and
- to contact you where necessary concerning our products, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order.
- We also process your data where we have a justifiable reason for doing so— for example personalisation of our Site, including processing data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders. We have listed these reasons below:
- to enable our customer support team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible;
- to contact you for your views and feedback on our products and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to the Site;
- to analyse your activity on the Site so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and for statistical and analytical purposes and to help us to prevent fraud;
- to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims and to protect the rights of Getitinkd.com (including to prevent fraud); and
- if you submit comments and feedback regarding the Site or using third party services, we may use such comments and feedback on the Sites and in any marketing or advertising materials.
- We will also analyse data about your use of our Site from your location data to create profiles relating to you and for you. This means that we may make certain assumptions about what you may be interested in and use this, for example, to send you more tailored marketing communications, to present you with products that we think you will prefer, or to let you know about special offers which we think you may be interested in. This activity is referred to as profiling. You have certain rights in relation to this type of processing. Please see ‘Your Rights’ section below for more information.
- Where we are under a legal obligation to do so we may use your information to:
- create a record of your order(s);
- comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement to which we are subject.
- Where you have given your consent or where we have a justifiable reason for doing so (and are permitted to do so by law) we will use your information to let you know about our other products that may be of interest to you and we may contact you to do so by email or newsletters.
- We may also use newsletters information for statistical analysis and product development.
- If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us please use the subscription management options provided in any of the communications using third party service Mailchimp. We may also use newsletters information for statistical analysis and product development.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary.
- Information that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in the ‘Use of your information’ section above, in line with our legitimate interest or for a period specifically required by applicable regulations or laws, such as retaining the information for regulatory reporting purposes.
- When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
- Otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require your information for the purposes collected.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- The information we collect about you will be transferred to and stored on our servers located within the EU. We are very careful and transparent about who else your information is shared with.
- Sharing your information internally
- We share your information with our company only where necessary for the purposes set out in section 4.
- Sharing your information with third parties
We share your information with third party service providers. The types of third party service providers whom we share your information with includes:
- Payment providers (including online payment providers and fraud detection providers): for the purposes of providing services to us, for example when they process information such as credit card payments for us, provide support services to you or carry out fraud checks for us;
- IT service providers (including cloud providers): for the purposes of data storage and analysis;
- Customer support partners: who will help us to resolve any issues you may have with our services; and
- Marketing and advertising partners: so that they can ensure that you see advertising which is more relevant to you and send you email marketing on our behalf.
- We adopt robust technologies and policies to ensure the personal information we hold about you is suitably protected.
- We take steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- Where you have chosen a password that allows you to access certain parts of the Site you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Under data protection law, you may have a number of rights concerning the data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Office using the contact details set out below. For additional information on your rights please contact your data protection authority and see below.
- The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this policy.
- The right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it). This will enable you, for example, to check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law. If you wish to access the information we hold about you in this way, please get in touch (see Contact Details).
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in information that we hold by contacting us (see Contact Details).
- The right to erasure. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of certain of the information that we hold about you by contacting us (see Contact Details).
- The right to restrict processing. You have rights to ‘block’ or ‘suppress’ further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further.
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with the national data protection authority.
- The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your information (i.e. we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us (see Contact Details). Withdrawing consent will not however make unlawful our use of your information while consent had been apparent.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing and profiling. You can object by changing your marketing preferences or disabling cookies as set out in sections 4 and 9.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a user’s computer, and that the user’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. It is for record-keeping purposes.
We use two types of cookies.
- First, we utilize persistent cookies to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the Site and to track your compliance with our policies.
- Second, we utilize session ID cookies to enable certain features of the Site, to better understand how you interact with the Site and to monitor aggregate usage by Getitinkd.com Users and web traffic routing on the Site.
Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Site and Service and then close your browser. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
Third party cookies: We use third party services to analyse the use of our site for statistical purposes and to deliver specific functionality that we need to operate as a business. Such services, and related cookies, are for the following tools:
||To measure website usage, so that we can understand trends and performance, and improve how we’re operating
||Google Analytics, WordPress Stats
|Content promotion & user engagement
||To allow website visitors to subscribe to our premium content offerings
We may also use advertising-related cookie to understand the performance of our advertising activity.
By contacting our general customer services team at: [email protected]
CHOICE OF LAW
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) using the following details:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113
Katlist Limited 124 Finchley Road, London, NW3 5JS.
Our main trading address is 7 Durweston Street, London, W1H 1EN